HOW TO RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR
- Admit and confess that you are a sinner.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Rom 3:23 NKJV)
- Since God requires 100% perfection you cannot enter heaven on your own merit.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. (Eph 2:8-9)
- Recognize that justice requires that wrong doing (sin) has to be punished.
For the wages of sin is death…. (Rom 6:23)
Sin will eternally separate you from the presence of God.
He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. (2 Thess 1:8)
- Since God created you for a love relationship with Him, He made a way for your sin to be taken away and forgiven by punishing His Son, Jesus Christ, in your place.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (Jn 3:16 NKJV)
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (Jn 14:6 NKJV)
When you were dead in your sins and in the circumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having cancelled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. (Col 2:13-14)
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit. (1 Pet 3:18)
- Accept Jesus’ work on the cross and resurrection for yourself.
…If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Rom 10:9)
- Repent and turn away from living life your way and live for Christ.
We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. (1 Jn 2:3-6)
- If you have done this—rejoice for now you are His child!
Yet to all who received him, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. (Jn 1:12-13)
NKJV: New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
All other Scripture is from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.